Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fourth and Long

It's a great day to be a Cleveland sports fan, and it's always a good day to be a Clevelander.  Because I'm excited about the Browns, Indians, and Ohio State, English 9 will not be writing a blog this week (it certainly has nothing to do with the Monster Paper that you guys are writing).  I'm also excited because fall television is back.  Some of you might be thinking to yourself: "What kind of English teacher watches a ton of TV?"  Well, I do.  I rather enjoy sitcoms (my Seinfeld and How I Met Your Mother examples are endless).  And this got me thinking; What can television and film do that text cannot?  What about the other way?  Guess what?  That was your prompt. 

Remember, you need to write at least 250 words and demonstrate good writing conventions.  Three to four paragraphs will be helpful in doing this.  If I were writing on this prompt, I would start by thinking about films that were based upon books and comparing these.

No comments:

Post a Comment